The Wonderful Aspects of the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
Some wonderfully overlooked (or not-so-overlooked) aspects of the most wonderful time of the year…
- Home-cooked banquets with family around a dinner table—as opposed to the frozen dinners and fast food we eat every other day of the year.
- Christmas music. Whether you love or hate hearing Taylor Swift’s “Last Christmas” on the radio every two hours.
- Christmas movies. “Elf,” because it’s eternally quotable.
- Designers and decorators who string up millions of lights every year—and property managers who foot the electric bill so we can enjoy the sparkly-ness.
- Pies. Especially the ones our grandmothers make.
- Putting up the pine (or artificial) Christmas tree and decorating it with the family, just like you did when you were a kid.
- Knowing you’ve gotten someone the perfect Christmas gift and seeing real surprise in their eyes when they rip apart the wrapping paper.
- Ugly sweater parties that give us an excuse to do a bad Bill Cosby impersonation.
- Christmas cookies, and eating absurdly large amounts of them—frosted, sprinkled, candy-cane shaped…
- Getting the star on top of the Christmas tree straight in an incredible feat of coordination and Christmas magic.
- Finding an open parking lot space at the mall after driving around in circles for half an hour.
- Being single and thankful that you don’t have to shop for your date.
- Being in a relationship and thankful you have someone special to spoil.
- Gingerbread houses that, even after hours of cosmetic surgery, look nothing like the picture on the box or recipe.
- Christmas commercials–classic talking candies and adorable polar bears that outshine the actual programs.
- Feeling like a ninja when you successfully open a candy cane without breaking it.
- Eggnog, mulled wine, peppermint mochas, hot apple cider, hot chocolate… pick your potion.
- Gift cards from the people who know you but don’t know you well enough to pick out a personal gift.
- Michael Bublé’s Christmas album.
- Clearance deals the week following Christmas. Especially the chocolate that’ll be 75% off just because it’s in a green and red bag.
What’s your top 20?Tweet