Selecting the perfect Christmas tree for your home is a difficult task. One has to consider a number of factors before making a decision. Luckily, with the right questions and the right answers, one can find the ideal holiday showpiece. Courtesy of Tree Classics, we’ve compiled a helpful list of frequently asked questions on how to choose a Christmas tree.
1. Should I get a live Christmas tree or an artificial Christmas tree?
- Live trees are the classic choice for the holidays. They offer a fresh and crisp profile and have that familiar scent and feel that remind people of the season.
- Live trees are all-natural. They are biodegradable.
- Unfortunately, live trees attract insects that can be a nuisance to your home.
- These trees also shed needles, which can be a hassle to clean up.
- Finally, these trees need to be maintained. To keep them fresh, their tree stand must be constantly filled with water.
Artificial Christmas Trees
- Artificial trees beautifully capture the profile and look of real evergreens.
- Fake trees are user-friendly and convenient. They can be bought online and are available in various colors, sizes, and types. Most of them are also prelit – perfect for people who don’t have the time to string lights on their tree.
- Most artificial trees are fire-proof and hypo-allergenic. Since they are made from synthetic materials, they don’t attract insects.
- Artificial trees also cost less since they can be used repeatedly for years.
- Fake trees are also easier to maintain.
2. What should I be on the lookout for when buying trees?
It’s important to consider the branches and needles before making a purchase. See if they are durable and can carry all your precious holiday ornaments. Also take a look at the profile of the tree. Make sure you purchase something that’s lush and with ample space for all your holiday adornments.
3. How tall should my Christmas tree be?
Height is an important factor to consider. After all, no one really wants a tree that’s too tall or too short. Before leaving your house or going online to shop, take a tape measure, and gauge the distance between your ceiling and your floor. The height of the tree should be at least a foot lower than your ceiling. If you plan on using a tree topper, factor in its height as well.
4. How wide should my Christmas tree be?
Measure the floor area of your chosen location as well. When allocating space for the width of your Christmas tree, there should be at least a foot of distance between the walls and your holiday tree.
5. Where should I buy my Christmas tree?
Christmas tree farms are still your best bet for live Christmas trees. These establishments guarantee that all of their evergreens are freshly harvested. Best of all, consumers can take a look around, check the trees for themselves, and even have their choice evergreen cut or trimmed on the spot.
For artificial Christmas trees, Tree Classics is an excellent and top-notch choice. Tree Classics provides a wide variety of artificial Christmas trees, wreaths, garlands, lights, and holiday ornaments for everyone’s yuletide decorating needs. Best of all, it provides a wide selection of types and sizes perfect for any home.
Tree Classics is also proud of its Real Feel™ technology, which accurately captures the appearance of live trees found in evergreen forests.
6. What’s the perfect location for my Christmas tree?
Foyers and living rooms are always an ideal location for your Christmas tree. These are usually settings with a lot of foot traffic.
Go for rooms people use for gatherings and celebrations. Make sure that your tree is far from heat sources, such as air vents and fireplaces. This will significantly reduce the chances of accidents.
It’s also important to place your tree in a location where it won’t block the way. Corners or areas close to the wall are great choices. Put your tree in a place where there is a lot of space around it.
7. What accessories will my tree need?
First, your tree needs a stable and sturdy stand. Make sure to purchase a stand that resists rust and will prevent the tree from falling over with the slightest push or tug.
If you want your tree to have a bit more life, consider adorning it with Christmas lights, which are also available on the Tree Classics website. Ornaments are never a bad idea. These decorations bring an air of festivity to any space. Pick out a theme before going out and purchasing these fine holiday accents. Lastly, think about getting a tree topper to complete your Christmas scheme.
8. What kind of Christmas lights work best?
Consumers traditionally use C7, C8, and C9 lights for their holiday needs; however, these types of bulbs quickly overheat and easily burn out. At present, most consumers prefer LED lights. These nifty alternatives cast a brighter light compared to their counterparts. They also don’t overheat, making them the safer choice. Best of all, they’re energy-efficient, which means they cost less money in the long run.
9. What kind of ornaments work best?
Ornaments made from plastic, resin, fiber, or silk are great choices. They’re durable and won’t get destroyed if ever they fall off the tree. Paper is out of the question. These can be destroyed and may even pose a fire hazard since they burn easily. That being said, lit candles are not advisable. Finally, glass decorations should also be avoided. These shatter and may cause harm to family members.
10. What kind of tree topper should I use?
Tree toppers are a great way to make a statement about what Christmas means to you and your family. Choose a top ornament that complements your tree and holiday decorative theme. Don’t choose a heavy tree topper. This might cause the whole tree to topple over.
With these helpful and smart tips from Tree Classics, you’ll have the information you need to buy the Christmas tree of your dreams.
Photo by bambe1964 via flickr. CC BY-ND 2.0.
Photo by Sherene via flickr. CC BY-NC-ND 2.0.
Photo by WoofBC via flickr. CC BY-NC-SA 2.0.