Whether decorated or plain, artificial wreaths and garlands add warmth to any space in your home. These often come compressed for shipping, so you’ll need to shape them upon unboxing. Here are some tried and tested tips on how to fluff your artificial wreaths and garlands:
How to Fluff a Wreath
- Place the wreath on a flat surface.
- Take the first tip closest to the outside of your wreath, bend it outward, and lift upward to form a soft “J” shape.
- Move to the right and repeat with each tip until you reach the center. Spread them all in one direction for a neat look.
- Work your way counter-clockwise along the diameter of the wreath one row at a time.
- When you’ve finished the whole circle, hang your wreath and check its shape.
- Adjust the tips until your wreath looks lush and even. You should see the middle ring once the foliage is fully fluffed.
How to Fluff a Garland
- Place your garland on a flat surface and straighten it out.
- Starting from the end that most tips stem from, spread needles up and out away from the main wire.
- Shape your garland one row at a time until you finish the entire length.
- Hang it on your mantel or banister, and continue fluffing to get your desired fullness.
How to Fluff a Teardrop or Swag
- Similar to garlands, shape teardrops and swags by spreading tips away from the body.
- Pull the tips at the edges sideways and those near the center outwards.
- Continue fluffing your teardrop or swag from the top row to the tapered end.
- To cover the underside, spread the bottom tips downward. Make sure you leave no noticeable gaps in the foliage.
Make your artificial wreaths and garlands look their best with these easy fluffing tips. To learn more about decorating with foliage, visit these pages:
Planning to buy new foliage for your home? Get an additional 10% discount when you enter the coupon code TCWG10 upon checkout. Valid for wreath and garland purchases until October 31, 2019 only.
Post updated on May 9, 2019