Though mostly celebrated by couples, Valentine’s Day is the perfect holiday to remind our loved ones of our care and appreciation for them. Whether they’re friends or family, something as simple as a greeting card is enough to let them know that they’re in your heart. You can also make it extra special with these gift ideas and tips.
Make It Yourself
There’s something so thoughtful about giving a homemade gift because the receiver knows how much effort has been put into it. Baking delicious treats is a great way to show your appreciation. Make a sweet gesture of love with two of our favorite recipes.
Chocolate Ganache-Filled Cupcakes
Chocolate has been a constant presence when celebrating Valentine’s Day. For those chocolate lovers who are health-conscious, this recipe can recreate that same delicious cacao flavor and is a healthier alternative. Check out the full recipe to start your journey to a guilt-free chocolate paradise.
Heart Pop Tarts
Turn the classic childhood breakfast into an expression of pure love with this recipe by Lauren Conrad. These treats are glazed with pink vanilla icing, while the inside hides a chocolate and sweet cherry jam surprise.
Prepare a Lovely Dinner
A great meal never fails to produce a smile, but there are ways to make it even more special. Surprise your Valentine’s date with a beautiful tablescape to complete the occasion. You can even use the cupcakes and pop tarts you’ve made as a sugary centerpiece.
Say It With Flowers
With flowers, your message can take on a multitude of looks by using different species and colors. Whether you’re looking for a symbol of love, friendship, respect, or appreciation, you can express it beautifully with flowers. A great alternative to your usual bouquet of flowers, potted plants or other greenery with longer lifespans send a more enduring message.
Give It a Lot of Thought
A personalized gift is a great way to show your loved ones how much you care. Whether it’s a fancy new gadget or related to something absolutely important in their lives, it will be cherished for many years to come.
- Perfume/cologne. One of the easiest gifts you can find in shops, their favorite scent is a simple yet special present for the man or woman in your life.
- Collection of photos. If you love taking photos, gather your best memories and surprise your special someone with a photo collage.
- Trampoline (or anything fun with the kids). Make Valentine’s an extra fun day with the family by doing something childlike with your kids.
- Serenade with music. Express your love through music. Plus points if you can play the guitar or piano yourself!
- Handbag. There’s nothing wrong with opting for a practical gift on this special day.
- Spa date. Treat your loved one to a relaxing day at the spa. You can even book these online or purchase an electronic gift card they can redeem whenever they’re available.
- Laptop. Personalize this gift by encasing it in your loved one’s favorite color or placing your photo as the wallpaper as an added delight once he/she boots it up!
- Camera. If you have a partner, son, or daughter who has the talent and eye for photography, why not gift them with a new camera to help harness their skill?
- Necktie. Give your husband a boost of confidence with a new batch of ties he can wear to work or fancy dinner celebrations.
- Mobile Phone. If your loved one has been using a phone with a broken screen for the longest time, now may be the best time to surprise them with a new gadget that they’ve been eyeing for a while!
We hope that these gift ideas and tips inspire you to make your Valentine’s Day unique and extra special this year. Have a Valentine’s Day idea for your family and friends? We would love to hear about it in the comments section below!